Canadian Rockies Golf Claims Canadian Spots
in Golf Digest’s Best Golf Resorts List
(ALBERTA, CANADA) – Two member properties of the Canadian Rockies Golf Consortia have scored two of the top three Canadian spots in Golf Digest’s Top 75 Golf Resorts biennial list, which appears in the November 2011 edition, currently on news stands.
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge entered the leading golf publication’s list for the first time, garnering the 27th spot in North America. The Fairmont Banff Springs returned to the list from the 2009 rankings, claiming the 24th spot among all U.S. and Canadian golf properties.
“We’re obviously thrilled that American golfers know we deliver an exceptional golf vacation experience,” said Alan Carter, director of golf at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. “Golfing in a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a National Park always offers an unforgettable round, and word continues to spread that the Canadian Rockies is a must-see destination.”
The award is the latest top golf-and-travel-industry honors received by Canadian Rockies Golf, a collection of seven golf courses and resorts in Alberta’s western region – the most storied and recognized group of golf courses in Canada.
They consist of the two Fairmont properties in Banff and Jasper, Kananaskis Country Golf Course’s Mt.Kidd and Mt. Lorette layouts, and three courses in Canmore – Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club, Silvertip Resort and Canmore Golf & Curling Club. Together, the group offers golf-and-adventure packages to the leading destination through .
Other awards given to Canadian Rockies Golf properties in 2011 include:
ScoreGolf: Best Public Courses in Alberta: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (1), The Fairmont Banff Springs (2), Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club (3), Kananaskis Country Golf Course – Mt. Kidd (5), Kananaskis Country Golf Course – Mt. Lorette (6), Silvertip Resort (13)
Golfweek: Best Canadian Golf Courses: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (3 – Classic Courses), The Fairmont Banff Springs (10 – Classic Courses), Kananaskis Country Golf Course – Mt.Kidd (28 – Modern Courses)
National Geographic: Top Environmental Courses: Silvertip Resort
Rocky Mountain News: Best of the Bow – Best Golf Course: Canmore Golf & Curling Club
Conde Nast Traveller: Reader’s Choice – Canada’s Top 20 Resorts: The Fairmont Banff Springs (11), The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (20)
The announcement comes at the end of a notable 2011 golf season, celebrating 100 years of golf in the destination with The Fairmont Banff Springs.
Canadian Rockies Golf is currently offering early-bird internet discounts on its golf and adventure packages, including the popular Pins and Fins golf and fly-fishing excursion and The Fairmont Classic golf package, through December 2011 via .
About Canadian Rockies Golf
To view the stunning topography, vacation options and learn more about golf in western Canada, visit . Website visitors can view stay-and-play packages or request custom quotes for trips and packages, or they may call 877.323.3633 for more information. Online information is regularly posted at .
The critical acclaim and extraordinary attributes of the six members of the destination – “Canadian Rockies Golf: Historic. Dramatic. Untamed.” – include:
- Celebrating 85 years of golf in 2011
- Voted Best Golf Course in Rocky Mountain News’ Best of the Bow Awards (2011)
- Valley-based property requires players use all clubs in their bag, narrow fairways challenge all levels of golfers
- Tree-lined course, friendly community atmosphere provides intimacy and camaraderie
2. The Fairmont Banff Springs (, 800.441.1414)
- Celebrating 100 years of organized golf in 2011; host of the TELUS World Skins Game
- Historic course and Conde Nast Gold winner for its castle-like hotel, award-winning Willow Stream Spa and exquisite resort amenities
- 27 holes of golf – 18 Stanley Thompson-designed holes including the 200-yard, par-3 Devil’s Cauldron, 147 bunkers, and the 9-hole Tunnel Course
- Panoramic beauty, picturesque-mountain setting between Sulphur Mountain & Mount Rundle
- Situated in BanffNational Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Golf Digest “Top 75 Resort in North America,” “Best 25 International Golf Hotels” and “Best 100 Courses Outside the USA”; GOLF Magazine “Best Lodging in Canada” and “Top 3 Golf Course in Canada” and Golfweek Best Canadian Classic Courses
3. The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (, 800.441.1414)
- Voted Best Golf Resort in Canada by ScoreGolf Magazine
- Featuring the “wild side of the Rockies” – elk, caribou, coyote and wolves inhabit the national park
- Designed by Stanley Thompson, the 18 holes carve contours at the feet of mountains
- Located in the heart of JasperNational Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Golf Digest “Best 100 Courses Outside the USA”; Golfweek Best Classic Canadian Course; GOLF Magazine “Top 3 Lodging in Canada” and “Top 3 Golf Course in Canada”
4. Kananaskis Country Golf Course (, 877.591.2525)
- Robert Trent Jones Sr. designed courses, situated in serene Kananaskis Country
- 36 holes played beneath breathtaking Mt.Lorette and Mt.Kidd, after which the courses are respectively named
- Features immaculate lush fairways, famed island-like 4th green on Mt.Kidd course, 140+ silica sand bunkers and the cascading KananaskisRiver
- Golfweek “Best Canadian Modern Courses” ranking (2011)
- SCORE Golf! “Top 5 Best Public Courses to Play”
5. Silvertip Golf Resort (, 877.877.5444)
- Home course of PGA Tour Member and 2006 Players Champion Stephen Ames
- National Geographic Top 10 Environmental Courses (2011)
- Golf Digest rated4 ½ stars, lauded for environmental sensitivity, maintenance practices
- 600 feet of elevation change, including dramatic par-4 18th with extreme altitude drop from tee to fairway, fairway to green
- Wine Spectator 2009 and 2010 “List of Excellence” Award for Rustica Steakhouse
- 2009 Golf Digest Environmental Leader Award
6. Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club (, 877.993.GOLF)
- Golf Digest rated 4 ½ stars
- Surrounded by the spellbinding ThreeSistersMountains
- Audubon-certified course preserves habitat for plentiful wildlife
- SCORE Golf! “Top 5 Best Public Courses to Play”